Call us at 713.979.9977
For a free consultation
Root Wall Barrier FAQ's
- Why should a root wall be installed?
50% of foundation problems are caused by TREES…. by barricading a tree’s roots you are restricting the tree’s root structure from extracting moisture from under the home’s foundation.
- Will the root barrier damage my tree?
No, root pruning or root capping, if done professionally, stimulates tree growth. Root Wall Pro hand digs all of its barrier trenches. Machine trenching will damage a tree’s root system.
- What types of materials are used for the root wall?
We use a warranted plastic used in chemical waste dumps. This material has been tested by an independent laboratory for use in the Gulf Coast area. It has a life expectancy of 150 years.
- Does the type of material used for the root wall installation make a difference in the performance of the barrier?
Yes, certain types of materials are affected by the PH of the soil, i.e. fiberglass, Plexiglas, and corrugated tin materials. Root Wall Pro uses a product with a life expectancy of 150 years.
- How long does it take to install a typical root wall barrier?
From a half day to two days, depending on the complexity of the design and how many root barriers are installed.
- How deep is a root wall?
It varies in depth from 30” to 50” depending on your soil type.
- Does a root wall affect the sale of a home?
Yes, many home inspectors and professional engineers are recommending to the purchasers that root barriers be installed between problematic trees and the foundation. Being pro-active and having the needed root barriers installed now could help speed up the sale of the home.
ROOT WALL PRO FOUNDATION WATERING SYSTEM FAQ’S
- Will the Root Wall Pro foundation watering system correct foundation damage?
Yes, the Root Wall Pro foundation watering system can help most foundations if the damage is perimeter only and is caught early enough. Ninety-five percent (95%) of foundations can be corrected.
- What is the foundation watering system comprised of?
This proven zoned system is comprised of timers and specialized emitter hoses.
- What is the life expectancy of this system?
The Root Wall Pro watering system has a 20 year manufacturer’s warranty on the hose and the timers will last 3 to 5 years with an annual battery replacement.
- Does the homeowner need to make adjustments to the watering system timer?
After the Root Wall Pro watering system has been installed and a courtesy soil test is completed, the timer settings should not have to be changed. Drought conditions may cause slight variances.
- How much water does this system use?
There will be a slight increase in your water bill. The system normally uses 80 to 100 gallons of water a month.
DEEP ROOT FEEDING FAQ's
- What type of product is used for the Deep Root Pro tree feeding?
We use an organic biological fertilizer that contains over 70 minerals, all the major plant hormones, and billions of beneficial microbes that complete the total nutrition for all plants and soils.
- How often do you need the organic fertilizer applied?
We recommend that you do a deep root feed bi-annually.
Contact the experts today! Call us on 713.979.9977 with your questions, or to schedule a free consultation